Kapalua, Maui, Hawaii
Translated from an ancient Hawaiian language to mean “arms embracing the sea,” Kapalua enfolds guests into its captivating surroundings, much as it did when its first inhabitants came upon Maui’s pristine Pacific shores centuries ago. Today, The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua, one of the most breathtaking resorts in Hawaii, welcomes you to a secluded luxury paradise steeped in rich cultural tradition and a warm Aloha spirit.
Here you will discover a place where time is luxuriously treasured. Nature inspires the senses from private lanais off luxurious accommodations that bring the Hawaiian outdoors in. From exquisite dining experiences to the luxury of a spa treatment based on native Hawaiian healing, to two championship 18-hole golf courses, to a wealth of outdoor activities that span the ocean and mountains, let us help you create a tropical escape you will remember for a lifetime.
Maui was named the “Best Island” by Condé Nast Traveler for 19 consecutive years, making this Maui resort a celebrated destination for remarkable Hawaii vacations.
Let The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua delight you with the treasured traditions of an island paradise.
Immerse yourself in a true Hawaiian experience when you stay at The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua, an oceanfront hotel that envelops you in Maui’s local culture and lush tropical surroundings. Delightful surprises reveal themselves throughout your stay, from the pro-like experience of playing the two championship golf courses to introducing your children to the magnificence of nature through Jean-Michael Cousteau’s Ambassadors of the Environment program, to discovering a new flavor in one of the six on-site restaurants.
Take a guided hike through a lush Hawaiian rainforest or snorkel among Maui’s beautiful coral reefs. Enjoy the pampered amenities of luxurious outdoor poolside cabanas or the soft golden sand beneath your feet on D.T. Fleming Beach. Or, abandon yourself to the peaceful serenity of the Kapalua Embrace, a signature spa treatment. However your days unfold here, let us provide an unforgettable retreat at one of the most beautiful 5-star hotels in Hawaii.
Resort Features & Amenities
Boasting 54 stunning acres, The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua proudly maintains the Honokahua Preservation Site, a recognized “wahi pana” (sacred site) that lies adjacent to the resort and serves as a destination where Native Hawaiians can gather to conduct ceremonies and protocol. In addition to this beautiful sanctuary the resort offers guests the following features:
- 463 hotel rooms, suites and Club Level accommodations featuring dark wood floors, marble bathrooms, vibrant island-inspired décor and designs
- Six dining experiences featuring local ingredients from the resort’s sustainable organic garden, fresh seafood and Pacific cuisine
- The Ritz-Carlton Spa®, Kapalua featuring treatments inspired by ancient Hawaiian traditions and an array of body treatments, massage and facials, and a fitness center with cardio equipment and daily fitness classes so that you may “e malama kou kino,” which translates to “care for your body” while on Maui
- On-property and nearby recreational activities include tennis court, basketball court, swimming, surfing, boogie boarding, sailing, kayaking, outrigger canoeing, stand-up paddling. Whale watching, snorkeling, hiking and more via the Ambassadors of the Environment program
- Kapalua Resort shuttle available for transportation to nearby beaches, restaurants, shopping and golf courses within Kapalua Resort. Please visit the hotel’s maps and directions page for further information
- Full-service wedding and vow renewal coordination
- Electric vehicle charging station
Let us help you see Maui with a new perspective.
This legendary hotel is located on the western edge of Maui near Kapalua Bay. The Polynesian people who inhabited this area first were drawn to the protected cove’s hospitable shores and immense beauty. Today’s visitors find the same still holds true.
Combine nature’s playground, two golf courses, and a host of recreational activities on land and in the water, and you’ll discover that there is no shortage of things to do when you stay at our Kapalua hotel.
Explore beautiful golden-sand beaches, lush rainforests and captivating surroundings that make up this island paradise. From hiking and biking to snorkeling and stand-up paddling, an array of land and water activities is just steps away from this world-renowned hotel.
For additional Maui, Lahaina, or Kapalua destination information, please contact the resort’s concierge upon arrival.