In 2007 Oze was detached from Nikko National Park and given the status of a new National park.
Flora and fauna
Mizubasyo (Japanese skunk cabbage) flowers are full bloom in Spring, Nikokisuge (orange-yellow day lilies) flowers are full bloom in Summer.
There are five major entrances to the park. From here, you walk into the park.
- Hatomachi Toge Pass（鳩待峠）.
- Numayama Toge Pass （沼山峠）.
There are approximately 20 lodges in Oze that can accommodate a limited number of guests by reservation.
- Chozo Hut (長蔵小屋), 958 Tokura Katashina-mura Tone-gun Gunma (Lake Ozenuma).
- ☎ +81 (0)278-58 7100 (Japanese Only) (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +81 (0)278-58-7101).
- Chozo Hut is very big with room for 300 guests, and includes modern amenities such as toilets with bidets, popularly known as “washlets. ¥8400 per night with dinner and breakfast./ ¥700 Lunch pack（Rice balls and side dish, or Sandwich）.